Google Classroom Code for 7th & 8th Grade: s44bix8
5/6th Grade: jgvwo7
Project 1: Create a Flixpress and upload to Dropbox in the Flixpress Folder *In the Do Now tab, please watch the tutorial on creating a Flixpress. *Save a Vista Peak picture *Create a Flixpress *Download *Upload to Dropbox in the Flixpress Folder and RENAME YOUR PROJECT
Project 2: Create an Imovie Trailer using pictures and titles of your choice. *Watch the movie below. Password: vp
*You will need to save 20 pictures of your choice (school appropriate). Control+Click--Scroll to Save Image As
*Create a new event in Imovie and call it Choice Trailer
*Create your trailer
*Export as a File and name it your name and filming vocab
*Upload it to Dropbox in the Choice Trailer
Project 3: Create an Imovie Trailer using pictures and titles that represent filming vocabulary.
*You will need to save 2 - 3 pictures for each vocab term 1. Rule of Thirds 2. Good Headroom 3. Bad Headroom 4. Low Angle 5. High Angle 6. Establishing Shot 7. Close Up *Create a new event in Imovie and call it Filming Vocab *Create your trailer *Export as a File and name it your name and filming vocab *Upload it to Dropbox in the Filming Vocabulary folder
Project 5: Cute Animals Create an Imovie Movie and upload to Dropbox *In the Imovie How to Use it tab, please watch the tutorial on creating a Imovie, How to Use it.
*Save 20 cute animal pictures
*Create an Imovie Movie
*Put Titles in it
*Put a song in using bensound.com *Upload to Dropbox in the Imovie Movie Folder
Project 6: Hispanic Heritage Month Create an Imovie Movie and upload to Dropbox *In the Imovie How to Use it tab, please watch the tutorial on the Ken Burns Effect and Creating Titles
*Choose a famous Hispanic Person.
*Save pictures of that person and 5 Facts
*Create an Imovie Movie
*Put Titles in it
*Put a song in using bensound.com
*Upload to Dropbox in the Black History Month Folder
*Project 7: Stop Motion Animation with Green Screen Create an Imovie Movie and upload to Dropbox
Project 12: Earth Day Video Choose a topic for Earth Day to inform your audience about an Earth Day subject. You can choose a variety of topics such as energy consumption, alternative transportation, recycling, volunteer opportunities and endangered animals.
Please watch the video below as an example.
1. Research a topic for Earth Day and gather 20 facts. Put the facts in a Google Doc.
2. Write a list of questions your documentary will address.
3. Complete the Script Template and have Ms. Culhane review it before you proceed.
6. Print your script and have the reporter practice the script.
8. Edit your video. Use lots of cutaway shots and cut our unnecessary or bad shots.
9. Add copyright free music.
10. Share to Dropbox in the folder titled Earth Day.
Project 13: College Video Please watch the instructional video. Password is vp.
Everyone needs to use iMovie to create a 30 second video about a college in Colorado (or somewhere else) with titles and pictures. 1. Click on the Colleges in Colorado Link and choose a college. 2. You will need the following for your video. a.) The name of the school b.) The mascot of the school c.) Where the school is located in Colorado d.) What sport teams it has. e.) Pick a few academic programs to highlight. For example, CSU is known for their Vet School, UNC for their Teacher Education School, and Mines is known for their Engineering School. 3. Import your pictures into Imovie
4. Create an Imovie Movie
5. Put Titles in it
6. Put a song in using bensound.com
7. Upload to Dropbox and put in the colleges folder
Project 14: May the 4th Be with You!
1. Start a new Animoto or Imovie project about Star Wars for the May the 4th be with you.
2. Download 20 pictures of Star Wars movies.
3. Make an Imovie movie.
4. Upload it to Dropbox in the May the 4th Be with You folder.
Project 15: 2017 Best Memories of Vista Peak
1. Choose a grade level (Please choose different grades)
2. Interview 5 - 10 people and ask what is the best memory of 2017 at VP
3. Create an Imovie Movie
4. Connect your Ipad to your computer using a cable (please put the cable back when finished.)
5. Import your videos into Imovie
6. Choose the 3 best interviews. The 3 best interviews need to have good sound, good lighting, and the subject has to be engaging.